I used Jcomments with version 3 of the gallery. Can I migrate the comments to version 4
In version 4 of the gallery jcomments integration is no longer supported. The gallery now has built in comments that are faster and styled to suit the gallery.
If you used Jcomments integration in version 3, you can migrate the comments to version 4 of the gallery, please follow these steps:
- Download the plugin that will migrate the comments from here.
- Install the plugin and enable it. The plugin is named: System - Ignite Gallery Migrate JComments to v4 Gallery
- Go to the list of galleries in the admin section of ignite gallery, the url in the address bar will be administrator/index.php?option=com_igallery Add &task=migrate-comments to the end of the url and press enter.
- You should get a list of success messages, each migrated comment will list a success messgage.
- Go to the comments section in the ignite gallery admin interface to check the comments have been migrated.
- Remove the comments migration plugin.
- The comments will still be in Jcomments, you can delete these using the jcomments interface.
- If you have any problems, please contact support.